Zong ESim is available for all Zong customers.As we all know that esim is the future of mobile communication as it doesn’t requires any of the physical sim to be inserted into the mobile phone.It only requires a QR code to be scanned with the compatible smart phone.
Let’s talk about Esim from Zong in details.
What is ESim
An ESim is a latest technology which is being used used by cellular providers globally.ESim can also be called a virtual sim as it doesn’t require any type of physical sim to be inserted in to the mobile device.In USA the new iphones which are launched doesn’t have physical sim option and they only have the option to use e-sim.
E-Sim can be installed into any mobile device which is compatible, usually all of the iphones after iPhone xs has the support for e-sim and Samsung devices e.g. Samsung ultra series does have e-sim support ESim.
Price of Zong ESim
If you are a zong customer or willing to switch to zong network and you would like to get an esim from zong then the first thing which comes in your mind must be the pricing of esim as esim technology is not very common in Pakistan the price of esim are high from all of the providers.
Price of Zong ESim = Rs. 1500
Please keep in mind the this price of Rs. 1500 is only the price for an esim and it doesn’t have the charges of additional number.So if you are going to get an esim on a new number then it will incur some of the additional charges.
If you are getting esim for your existing number on zong network or you are converting your other provider’s number into zong then the esim will not have any additional charges.
Good thing is that the price has recently been reduced before 1 month to 1500 previously the price of zong esim was Rs. 2500 which was a high amount for just getting an esim.Other providers e.g. jazz and ufone esim have also decreased their pricing but currently zong has the lowest pricing for esim.
A new network onic has also introduced esim free of cost but as the onic is just new and doesn’t have a large customer base the quality of their service is not confirmed yet.
Availability of ESim
Zong ESim is available in all cities of Pakistan where the zong network is available as basically esim is just a QR code with the network parameters values which tell the mobile device to get connection on specifications and provider’s addresses and authentication mechanism.So wherever the zong network is available e-sim is also available.
Zong has very good coverage on the following Major Cities of Pakistan.
How to get Zong ESim
You may get an esim from zong by following the procedure mentioned below.
- Visit nearest Zong franchise or customer service center.List of centers are available at https://www.zong.com.pk/about-zong/service-centers
- You may get an esim for you existing zong number of port in your number using MNP.
- Representative will ask your CNIC details and you will need to complete Bio Metric Verification.
- Once the verification is completed you will be given with a card with QR code which you may scan into your phone to get the e-sim activated.
- Make sure that your phone is connected to wifi before scanning the QR code as most of the QR code for esim only work one time and zong will charge you again with the amount of Rs. 1500 for a replacement.So make sure that the internet you are connected is a good one.
- Also please make sure that you phone is in the supported list of smart phones.
List of Supported Handsets
|iPhone XR||Samsung Galaxy Fold||Google Pixel 3||Huawei P40||Huawei P40|
|iPhone XS||Samasung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G||Google Pixel 3a||Huawei P40 Pro||Huawei P40 Pro|
|iPhone XS Max||Samsung Galaxy Z Flip||Google Pixel 4||Huawei P50 Pro||Huawei P50 Pro|
|iPhone 11||Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G||Google Pixel 4a||Huawei Mate 40 Pro||Huawei Mate 40 Pro|
|iPhone 11 Pro||Samsung Galaxy S20||Google Pixel 5|
|iPhone 11 Pro Max||Samsung Galaxy S20+||Google Pixel 6 Pro|
|iPhone SE (2020)||Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra|
|iPhone 12 Mini||Samsung Galaxy S21|
|iPhone 12||Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G|
|iPhone 12 Pro||Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G|
|iPhone 12 Pro Max||Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G|
|iPhone 13 Mini||Samsung Galaxy Note 20|
|iPhone 13||Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G|
|iPhone 13 Pro|
|iPhone 13 Pro Max|
How to Activate Zong ESim
- iPhones needs to be on latest iOS, check the update before scanning the QR Code.
- Connect the iPhone to best possible WiFi Internet.
- Go to Settings > Cellular.
- Select “Add Cellular Plan” to launch the camera automatically.
- Use your iPhone to scan the QR code.
On Android Phones
- Android Phones needs to be on the latest Operating system.Check the updates before scanning the QR code.
- Go to Setting > Sim Card Manager.
- Select eSIM > Add Mobile Plan to launch the camera automatically.
- Use your phone to scan the QR code.
- Your eSIM is ready to use.